Deposit your money in Sri Lanka and be a part of the national effort to manage challenges during the pandemic.
Take Back Funds at Maturity
Foreign Exchange Accounts
In terms of the Directions Issued by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka, following persons are eligible to open Special Deposit Accounts (SDAs);
- Sri Lankan individual’s resident in or outside Sri Lanka
- Dual Citizens
- Citizens of other countries with Sri Lankan origin
- Non-nationals resident in or outside Sri Lanka
- Funds, corporate bodies, associations incorporated/ registered outside Sri Lanka
- Any other well-wisher
Types of Accounts
- Fixed Deposit Account in LKR or any designated Foreign Currency
- Higher Interest
06 Months FDs : 1% above the normal FD rate
12 Months FDs : 2% above the normal FD rate
- Funds can be free converted and repatriated outside Sri Lanka upon the maturity of the deposit
Please contact any MCB Bank branch to find out all information pertaining to permissible credits/ debits and other terms & conditions.
* All transactions shall be in accordance to Central Bank of Sri Lanka direction no. 04 of 2020 under Foreign Exchange Act no. 12 of 2017.